Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Introduction to Communication skills:
- Organizations communication.
- Understanding business communication
- Communicating in teams and mastering listening and non-verbal communication skills.
- Inter-cultural communication.
- Communicating through technology
- Business Correspondence the art of good letter writing.
- The Role of sentences and paragraphs, punctuation and clarity.
- Writing effective and excellent business letters
- Openings building the main body, Logic and sequence. Effective endings, Style. Active vs. Passive. Creating typographic excellence on Computers. Letters for complaint.
- Memos and other forms of Correspondence.
- Minutes. Email.
- Writing Reports.
- Outlines and guidelines on report writing,
- Appraising a Draft Report, Sales Letters and Proposals.
- The Use of Proposals. Preparing a sales proposal. Example Proposal.
- Dictation Techniques.
- Practical Working Sessions.
- Analysis of success and failure in correspondence
- Interviewing and Conducting Meetings.
- Introduction to art of presentation speaking.
- Techniques for reducing speakers’ anxiety.
- Choosing your topic and putting your speech together.
- Verbal and Non-verbal aspects of Delivery.
- Body Language.
- Language Knowledge.
- Golden rules for presenters.
- Playback and evaluation of taped speeches.
- Audience Analysis.
- Involvement Techniques.
- Impromptu Speeches.
- Presentation of informative speeches.
- Creating and using effective visual aids.
- Developing powerful stage preference.
- Persuasive speech.
- Understanding Persuasion, Prepare to persuade. Organize a persuasive presentation. Methods of persuasion.Persuasive message of fact, value and policy. Impact on audiences. Use of evidence, reasoning and emotional appeals
- Challenges of persuasive speaking, the role and purpose of persuasion. Aristotle and persuasion: A classic combination of Ethos, Logos, and pathos. Comparison with contemporary techniques and strategies employed in contemporary advertising and political campaigning.
- Modern Media Theories and tools for analysis: McLuhan, Peirce, Barthes and Eco.
- Strategies of modern print and electronic media. Style, organization and presentation.
- Principles of typography, layout and graphic design.
- Practical Applications of persuasion in business.
- Business and corporate communication, Professional and technical writing, arts and entertainment.
- Persuasion and Argument: the Toulmin model.
- Persuasive campaigns and social movement’s ideology, world view and persuasion: Propaganda and Persuasion.
- Persuasive Techniques in Contemporary News media, politics and popular culture.