Strategic Marketing: Course Outline (MBA 1.5)
In this course students are exposed to a dynamic world of marketing activities using a number of approaches and to enable the students to understand the practical issues that are critical to develop performance orientation. Principles, concepts and analytical tools are taught employing real life examples from both Pakistan’s and international corporate world. This will enable the students to develop skills and competency to apply analytical tools and develop appropriate strategic marketing plans and manage its implementations.
After taking this course students are better equipped, both mentally and academically; they understand various terms and concepts and understand how and when to apply them. It prepares them to take on the real life challenges and to add value to the organization for which they will work.
This course is designed to develop the following abilities in the students:
- To think analytically.
- To integrate various Marketing concepts and understand the interplay of these within the dynamic marketing environments.
- To strategically analyze the market using various analytical tools.
- To understand strategic marketing resources that the firm possesses and how to leverage them.
- To think strategically and develop a strategic marketing plan to provide customer value with a focus on sustainable competitive advantages.
- Ability to analyze the impact of various Marketing activities on sales and profitability of an organization.