Money and Banking: Course Outline (MBA Banking )
An important objective of this course is to investigate the principal financial institutions involved in our macro economy.
- Definition and Functions.
- Types of Money
- Evolution of Fiat Money
DEMAND FOR MONEY:
- The transactions precautionary and speculative motives.
- Factors affecting the demand for money.
SUPPLY OF MONEY: TYPES OF MONEY:
- The concept M1 to M4
- The process of money creation and sources.
- The crude Quantity Theory
- Modern Quantity Theory
- Inventory Theoretic Approach
- Commercial bank and its functions
- Commercial banks and payment system
- Commercial banks and money stock
- The organizations and structure of banks
- Lending to business firms
- Policies and procedures
- Functions of central bank
- The central reserve system
- Modern banking and creation of money.
- Control of Credit & money by the Central Bank and the instruments used for it