Introduction to English literature: Referencing
English literature is writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features, as poetry, novels, history, biography, and essays.
What is Referencing?
Importance of Referencing
- Used to avoid plagiarism
- If readers want it provides original source
- Helps to Improve writing skills
- It makes your arguments authentic.
- Shows that you have read widely.
- Can be helpful in getting good scores in exam
Popular Referencing Styles
- APA: (American Psychological Association) used for Education, Psychology, and Sciences
- Chicago/Turabian: used for Business, History, and the Fine Arts
- Harvard: Author-Date referencing style
- MLA: (Modern Language Association) is used for the Humanities
- Vancouver: (Numbered Referencing Style) used for Medicine