Behavioral Sciences (MBBS): Course Outline
Behavioral science is the systematic analysis and investigation of human and animal behaviour through controlled and naturalistic observation, and disciplined scientific experimentation.
- Bio-Psycho-Social Model of Health Care
- Link of Health with Behavioural Sciences
- Importance of Behavioural Sciences in Health
- Correlation of brain, mind and Behavioural Sciences
- Desirable Attitudes in Health Professionals
- Define perception, what factors affect perception
- Define attention and concentration. What factors affect them?
- Define memory and describe its stages, types and methods to improving it
- Define thinking; describe its types and theories.
- What is cognition and levels of cognition?
- Discuss problem solving and decision making strategies
- Define communication
- Characteristics of a good communicator
- Describe ways to recognize non-verbal cues.
- Define personality
- What are cognitive and psychodynamic theories of personality?
- What factors affect personality development?
- How personality can be assessed?
- Influence of personality in determining reactions during health, disease, hospitalization, stress
- Define intelligence and the various types of intelligence.
- Relevance of IQ and EQ in the life of a doctor.
- Relevance of IQ and EQ in the life of a doctor. Define emotions. What are the various types of emotions?
- Emotional Quotient (EQ) concept & utility,
- Define motivation and what are the types of motivation?