Advanced Computer Programming: Course Outline
This course is to equip students with essential advanced java programming skills required for professional software development.
- Review of OO programming using java
- Java GUI using Swings, Introduction to Layout Managers, Event Handling
- Introduction to Java Collection Framework and writing programs involving collection classes
- String processing, matching and parsing.
- Use of Utility Classes
- Java I/O
- Applets, Embedding Applets in HTML pages
- Concurrency and Threading
- Network programming using sockets
- Distributed Applications using RMI
- Documenting and packaging java applications