Anesthesia: Course Outline
Insensitivity to pain, especially as artificially induced by the administration of gases or the injection of drugs before surgical operations
- Pre-operative assessment of patients and pre-medication
- Local Anaesthesia
- Local Anaesthetic agents (Pharmacology) o Regional Anaesthesia (Spinal and Epidural) Intravenous Anaesthetic agents
- Muscle Relaxants
- Inhalational Anaesthetic agents
- Complications of Anaesthesia.
- Perioperative Management.
- Recovery from Anaesthesia.
- Pain Management and postoperative care.
- ICU Monitoring
- Pre-Operative assessment of the patient.
- I/V Cannulation and Intra-operative fluid Management.
- Induction of General Anaesthesia and Tracheal Intubation.
- Demonstration of Spinal Block.
- Demonstration of Epidural Block.
- Demonstration of Local Blocks in Eye, ENT and General Surgery.
- Demonstration of CPR.
- Post-Operative Care/Pain Management.
- Introduction to the ICU.
- Demonstration of Anaesthesia Machine and other instruments
- Demonstration of Sterilization procedures in O.T and ICU.
- Demonstration of Vital Sign Monitors and their application.