Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This course is designed to give students a basic understanding of the structural organization (anatomy), function (physiology), and neural control for speech production and hearing. The course will emphasize both normal and disordered systems. Study of the neuroanatomy and neurophysiology underlying normal speech, language, and hearing. Study of central and peripheral nervous systems, along with consideration of embryologic development.
- Review fundamentals of human neuroanatomy and neurophysiology that are relevant to speech and language
- Familiarize you with three common methods for investigating the neural bases of speech/ language:
- Electrophysiological techniques
- Hemodynamic techniques
- Lesion analysis and neuropsychology
3. Expose you to a representative sample of recent research on the neural bases of three large-scale components of speech/language:
- Speech (perception and production)
- Words (the mental dictionary)
- Syntax (the mental grammar)
About Rehabilitation Sciences
The Riphah College of Rehabilitation Science (RCRS) was established in 2007 under the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (FHMS) of Riphah International University with the aim to produce graduates of Physical Therapy and other Rehabilitation Professions in Pakistan according to international standards. Riphah is the pioneer institute in the Entry level Doctor of physical therapy program (DPT) and Post Professional Doctor of Physical therapy program (PP-DPT) in Pakistan (Equivalency of 18 years of schooling/M.Phil as per HEC criteria).The College has the largest and highly qualified faculty of physical therapy. This is the only institute which has foreign qualified faculty (UK & USA).
The college has two campuses, Islamabad and Lahore. The college also has great contribution for the uplifting of rehabilitation sciences professions by enhancing the knowledge and skills of the practicing clinicians. The college has a leading role by developing uniform DPT curriculum in the country.
The Director of the College was nominated as secretary of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) national curriculum revision committee (NCRC).