Radiopharmaceuticals (Ph,D): Course Outline
- Introduction to Radiopharmacy and Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Ideal Characteristics of the Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Modes of the Radioactive Decay.Radiation dose and exposure.
- Instruments for Radiation Detection and Measurement.Principles of Radiation Protection.
- Production of Radionuclides-Productions using Nuclear Reactors,
- Cyclotrons and Radionuclide Generator System.Production of Radiopharmaceuticals and Methods of Radiolabeling.
- Design of Manufacturing sites, production processes and production equipment.Sterilization,
- Labeling and Packagingof Radiopharmaceuticals.Validation and Stability aspects of Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Quality Control of Radiopharmaceuticals – Physicochemical and Biological Tests.
- Molecular imaging, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications of Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Adverse reactions of Radiopharmaceuticals.