Quantitative Research Methods: Home
- To introduce the need for learning Statistics in Psychology and their application in practice of Social Research.
- To introduce such basic concepts of statistical formulae and techniques based on statistical methodology and practice the statistical procedures by using the real life situation with the help of lectures, seminars practical and demonstration.
- To introduce students such basic concepts of statistical procedures and drawing inferences from them.
- To enable the students to review the published research papers particularly from statistical stand points.
- To enable the students to initiate, undertake and participate in small scale data collection from real world situation and prepare them for data analysis using SPSS.
Level of Study
The study of Psychology has a host of applicable uses. Those who dedicate themselves to the study of this discipline will find that they are able to apply their understanding of human behavior to numerous situations and use their knowledge in their everyday life.
Other Benefits of Studying Psychology are as follows:
Improved Communication Skills
Psychologists have explored how humans engage in communication. You can now learn to better your personal communication skills and increase the effectiveness of your communication efforts. A study of Psychology also makes it possible for you to avoid potential pitfalls that can lead to a costly communication breakdown.
Better Understanding of Self
Psychology can help you understand how and why you feel as you do. You can see that you are not alone in your emotions or ideas, even when it may seem that you are. Additionally, an understanding of psychological principles can help you determine what you can do to respond to unwanted emotions and alleviate painful or undesirable emotional situations.
Enhanced Understanding of Others
The study of psychology gives students a window into the actions of others as well. Understanding the emotional drives behind human actions can make it easier to comprehend seemingly incomprehensible actions. It can also help you improve your ability to assist others in dealing with emotional hardship or empathize with those struggling with a difficult dilemma.
Good Career Prospects
Studying psychology has financial benefits as well. Those who study psychology prepare themselves for many jobs both within the mental health industry and in business and educational settings. Students easily apply skills learned in psychology class to business or social situations, making them an asset in almost any line of work.
Riphah, fully recognizing the importance of this subject, is introducing MSc Applied Psychology to further its mission of producing trained human resource, specifically, female workforce to uplift the economic and social status of women in Pakistan. The study of this subject will also enhance the capability of students to adjust into new cultural dimensions being introduced by media and other social factors.
Masters in Applied Psychology will offer basic compulsory subjects, and high tech laboratory training. The Optional subjects such as military psychology, post disaster management, psychological interventions and health psychology which will not only train human resource in latest applications of this subject, but RIPHAH will stand out as the only institution in Rawalpindi and Islamabad to offer these options to be taught. RIPHAH also plans to introduce Advance Diploma in clinical psychology later, to prepare quality clinical psychologists.