Guidance and Counselling: Course Outline
The course is the field of academics, the kind of guidance needed is to make an individual an independent thinker and to manage his own affairs wisely and well.
- What is human nature according to Al Quran, various thinkers, and psychologists.
- General Causes of human anxiety, depression, mania, phobia weariness, mental anguish and conflict
- The meaning, need and functions of guidance and counseling.
- Counselling at school, college, social and professional levels.
- Mental health counseling and health care counseling
- Skills of the councilor, establishing relahoustup and effective techniques
- Key aspects of counseling and approaches
- Psycho- dynamic counseling of Freud
- Post- Freudian psychodynamic counseling
- Phenomenological and humanistic approaches
- Gestalt therapy and psychodrama
- Ethical considerations of guidance and counseling