Islamic Studies: Course Outline
1. Introduction to Quranic studies:
- Basic Concepts of Quran.
- History of Quran.
2. Study of selected text from the Quran:
- Verses of Surah Al-Baqra Related to Faith(Verse No-284-286)
- Verses of Surah Al-Hujrat Related to Adab Al-Nabi (Verse No-1-18)
- Verses of Surah Al-Mumanoon Related to Characteristics of the faithful (Verse No-1-11)
- Verses of Surah al-Furqan Related to Social Ethics (Verse No. 63-77)
- Verses of Surah Al-Inam Related to Ihkam(Verse No-152-154)
- Verses of Surah Al-Ihzab Related to Adab al-Nabi (Verse No. 6,21,40,56,57,58.)
- Verses of Surah Al-Hashar (18,19,20) Related to thinking, Day of Judgment
- Verses of Surah Al-Saf Related to Tafakar, Tadabar (Verse No-1,14)
3. Seerat of Prophet (SAW) I:
- Life of Muhammad Bin Abdullah ( Before Prophet Hood)
- Life of Holy Prophet (SAW) in Makkah
- Important Lessons Derived from the life of Holy Prophet in Makkah
4. Seerat of Prophet (SAW) II:
- Life of Holy Prophet (SAW) in Madina
- Important Events of Life Holy Prophet in Madina
- Important Lessons Derived from the life of Holy Prophet in Madina
5. Introduction to Sunnah:
- Basic Concepts of Hadith.
- History of Hadith.
- Kinds of Hadith.
- Uloom –ul-Hadith. Sunnah & Hadith.
- Legal position of Sunnah. Study of selected texts of hadith.
6. Introduction to Islamic law & Jurisprudence:
- Basic Concepts of Islamic Law & Jurisprudence.
- History & Importance of Islamic Law & Jurisprudence.
- Sources of Islamic Law & Jurisprudence.
- Nature of Differences in Islamic Law.
- Islam and Sectarianism.
7. Islamic Culture & Civilization:
- Basic Concepts of Islamic Culture & Civilization.
- Historical Development of Islamic Culture & Civilization.
- Characteristics of Islamic Culture & Civilization.
- Islamic Culture & Civilization and Contemporary Issues.
8. Islam and Science:
- Basic Concepts of Islam and Science.
- Contributions of Muslims in the Development of Science.
- Quran & Science.
9. Islamic Economic System
- Basic Concepts of Islamic Economic System.
- Means of Distribution of wealth in Islamic Economics.
- Islamic Concept of Riba.
- Islamic Ways of Trade & Commerce.
10. Political System of Islam
- Basic Concepts of Islamic Political System. Islamic Concept of Sovereignty. Basic Institutions of Govt. in Islam.
11. Islamic History
- Period of Khilafat-e-Raashida.
- Period of Ummayyads.
- Period of Abbasids.
12. Social system of Islam
- Basic Concepts of Social System of Islam.
- Elements of Family.
- Ethical Values of Islam.
E-Books (Full Text)
Search the Library Catalog
Welcome to the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC). This catalog provides you bibliographic information of print books available in all campus libraries of the University and provides you the facility of 2 types of searches; basic search and advance search to find the exact book or list of books you required.
Important Features for Patrons
- Easy access to information due to effective searching.
- Alert messages for patron i.e. overdue items or arrival of new items.
- Patron can suggest books for purchase through this system.
- Patrons can check his circulation history and hold on desired books.
- OPAC brings together library users and staff, as both can see various aspects of the system.
Search You Required Book