Management Information System: Course Outline
This is a fundamental course for the students of business administration. The course is designed to give concept of information systems and their importance for business success.
- Describe how data is captured, organized and managed using a data management system and design a simple database. using data modeling techniques.
- Discuss the strategic considerations in information system development and their impacts on the organization.
- Design effective user interfaces and explain the importance of internal controls for information systems.
- Describe the different technologies, techniques and infrastructure of transaction processing systems associated with various transaction cycles.
- Explain the e-commerce technology architecture and discuss the strategies for successful E-commerce.
- Identify and analyze risk factors, discuss measures to mitigate risks and the importance of business continuity planning.
- Introduction to Information Systems in Business
- Why study information systems
- Why business need information technology
- Fundamentals of Information System
- Solving Business Problems with Information Systems
- Systems approached to problem solving
- Developing information system solutions
- General Systems Model of the Firm
- Computer Software, Hardware (Overview from Managerial Perspective)
- MS Access (A comprehensive workshop)
- IS for Business Operations
- Business information systems
- Transaction processing system
- Accounting Information System
- Decision Support System
- Marketing Information System
- Financial Information System
- IS for Strategic Advantage
- Fundamentals of strategic advantage
- Strategic applications and issues in IT
- IS & Artificial Intelligence
- Enterprise & Global Management
- Managing IT (Planning & Implementing Change)
- Final Project (Report Submission & Presentations)