Teaching Methods and Learning Facilitation: Course Outline
The course is designed to enhance performance of teachers/trainers. It can be possible by equipping the teachers with taxonomies of objectives in education, philosophical application, Islamic teaching models, nature of teaching learning process
UNIT 1:- TAXONOMY OF OBJECTIVES:
- Learning Domain
- Affective Domain, Behavior Modification, Values and Disvalues in Islamic Perspectives
- Fundamentals of Islamic teaching Methods
- Epistemology and Axiology
- Ontology of Islam
- Concept of Universe, Man and Society in Islam
UNIT 2:- ISLAMIC TEACHING STRATEGIES
- Role Model
UNIT 3 :- TEACHING – LEARNING PROCESS
- Consideration of individual differences between students when planning.
- Selection of activities to achieve the objectives
- Include appropriate resources to teach the subject well and make it realistic
UNIT 4 :- LEARNING FACILITATION
- Teaching Style
- Communication Skill
- Learning and Learning Styles
- Approaches to Learning
- Knowing the learner individual differences
- Motivating students during the lesson.
- Use methods and materials appropriate to age, abilities and previous learning levels of students.
- Relating the lesson to daily life by giving examples.
- Communicate and interact with all students and groups
- Time Management during Teaching.
UNIT 5 :- TEACHING METHODOLOGY:
- Group Work
- Case Studies
- Role Play
- Development of the instructional plan
- Problem Based Learning (PBL)
UNIT 6 :- EFFECTIVE TEACHING
- Concept and Definition of Teaching
- Parameters of Effective Teaching
UNIT 7 :- MICRO TEACHING
- Micro teaching Cycle
- Instructional Plan
- Micro teaching practice
- Competencies skill practice through micro teaching
- Each student will develop one instructional plan. He/ She will teach and present before the class through Micro teaching