Skip to main content
Course Outline (Course Code MHAS7141)
- Course contents.
- Basic principles and concepts such as validity, reliability & standard setting
- Standard setting for criterion and norm reference testing in a way that balances theory with practice.
- Exploration in considerable depth of topics such as self-assessment and workplace-based assessmetets.
- Participants are encouraged to create their own tools for use in their contextual settings.
- Importance of self and peer assessment./
- Assessing through reflection
- Strategies and tols for feedback.
- How to design high quality assessment tool.
- Judgment of strengths and weaknesses of assessment methods. E.g.
- Objective assessment methods e.g. SEQ / MCQ / EMQ
- Clinical assessment tools: OSCE, DOPE, Mioni-CEX
- Assessment based on portfolios