Mass Communication: Theories and Approaches: Course Outline
The course is designed to help students understand communication models and theories and their importance and uses to communication researchers and theoreticians.
- The Changing Media Landscape: An Introduction to Mass Communication
- Scientific Method and Models of Mass Communication Research.
- Perception and Language Issues in the Mass Media: The Role of Perception in Communication; Problems in Encoding; and Analysis of Propaganda.
- The Social Psychological Approach: Cognitive Consistency; Theories of Persuasion; Groups and Communication; and Mass Media and Interpersonal Communication
- Mass Media Effects and Uses: Agenda Setting; The Knowledge-Gape Hypothesis; Effects of Mass Communication and Uses of the Mass Media
- Emergence of Critical and Cultural Theories of Mass Communication
- Theories of Media, Culture, and Society