Political Communication: Course Outline
To provide a detailed understanding and critical interrogation of the theoretical literature on political communication.
- Theories of democracy and the media.
- Modern political persuasion, spin and international propaganda; international political marketing and advertising.
- The Westernization of political communication.
- Personalization of politics; different traditions of public diplomacy and cultural diplomacy.
- Media’s role in conflict and peace processes; the growth of e-government and the expansion of potentially interactive media.
- Packaging politics, celebrity politics, media and power.