Surface Physics: Course Outline (PH-614)
- Introduction to surface processes.
- Thermodynamic ideas of surfaces.
- Surface energy and the Wulff theorem.
- The Terrace-Ledge-Kink Model.
- Introduction to surface reconstructions and surface electronics.
- Examination of Surfaces:Structure.
- Chemical analysis and microscopy.
- Diffraction techniques for structure.
- Inelastic scattering techniques for analysis.
- microscopic examination of surfaces Including UHV-based electron and scanned probe microscopy.
- Synchrotron radiation (EXAFS).
- Atomic processes in adsorption.
- Surface processes in physic- and chemi-sorption.
- Phase diagrams and phase transitions in mono and multilayers.
- Chemisorptions and chemical reactions.
- Equilibrium forms and crystal growth mechanisms.
- Equilibrium evaporation and growth forms.
- Surface steps and crystal growth.
- Surface diffusion.
- Phase transitions and faceting.
Search the Library Catalog
Welcome to the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC). This catalog provides you bibliographic information of print books available in all campus libraries of the University and provides you the facility of 2 types of searches; basic search and advance search to find the exact book or list of books you required.
Important Features for Patrons
- Easy access to information due to effective searching.
- Alert messages for patron i.e. overdue items or arrival of new items.
- Patron can suggest books for purchase through this system.
- Patrons can check his circulation history and hold on desired books.
- OPAC brings together library users and staff, as both can see various aspects of the system.
Search Your Required Book