Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
At the end of this course the students will be able to understand fundamental theorems in functional analysis and their applications. Further they would be able to understand basic notion of spectral theory and some theorems.
- The Hahn-Banach theorem,
- Principle of uniform boundedness,
- Open mapping theorem,
- Closed graph theorem,
- Weak topologies and the Banach-Alouglu theorem,
- Extreme points and the Klein-Milman theorem,
- The dual and bidual spaces, Reflexive spaces,
- Compact operators, Spectrum and eigenvalues of an operator,
- Elementary spectral theory.