Vacuum Science and Technology: Course Outline (PH-619)
- Introduction: What is a vacuum?
- Applications of Vacuum Techniques.
- History of Vacuum Techniques.
- Rarefied Gas Theory.
- Physical states of matter.
- Gas laws.
- Motion of molecules.
- Mean free path.
- Transport phenomena in viscous and molecular state.
- Thermal diffusion and conductivity.
- Gas flow at low pressure.
- Flow regimes.
- Conductance and throughput.
- Conductances in viscous and molecular flow.
- Intermediate flow.
- Vacuum Pumps.
- Types: Mechanical, Vapor stream, Chemical, Sorption and Cryopumps.
- Measurement of low pressure.
- Classification of vacuum gages.
- Thermal conductivity.
- Viscosity and Knudsen gauges.
- Leak detection.
- Industrial Vacuum Systems.
Search the Library Catalog
Welcome to the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC). This catalog provides you bibliographic information of print books available in all campus libraries of the University and provides you the facility of 2 types of searches; basic search and advance search to find the exact book or list of books you required.
Important Features for Patrons
- Easy access to information due to effective searching.
- Alert messages for patron i.e. overdue items or arrival of new items.
- Patron can suggest books for purchase through this system.
- Patrons can check his circulation history and hold on desired books.
- OPAC brings together library users and staff, as both can see various aspects of the system.
Search Your Required Book