Integral equations: Course Outline (MAT 467)
In mathematics, an integral equation is an equation in which an unknown function appears under an integral sign. There is a close connection between differential and integral equations, and some problems may be formulated either way.
- Integral equations, formulation of boundary value problems,
- Classification of integral equations,
- Method of successive approximation,
- Hilbert-Schmidt theory,
- Schmidt’s solution of non-homogeneous integral equations,
- Fredholm theory, case of multiple roots of characteristic equation,
- Degenerate kernels, introduction to Wiener-Hopf technique.