Heavy Ion Physics: Course Outline (PH-704)
Heavy ion, in nuclear physics, any particle with one or more units of electric charge and a mass exceeding that of the helium-4 nucleus (alpha particle).
- Kinematics of Ion-Ion Collisions.
- Strong Absorption Models of Heavy Ion Scattering.
- Light Scattering System.
- Elastic Scattering and Reaction Cross sections.
- Possible reactions in heavy ion collisions like distant.
- Grazing and close collision.
- Reaction cross section.
- Classical theory of elastic scattering.
- Gross properties of heavy ion collisions e.g. channels, Q-values.
- Heavy ion interaction potential.
- Compound nucleus formation between two heavy ions.