Mathematical Demography: Course Outline (STAT-701)
Mathematical demography is a specialization in demography concerned with the articulation, analysis, and empirical application of theoretical models or representations of populations and demographic processes via the use of mathematics, including mathem
- Population Growth Models.
- Development and Application of Lotka Integral Equation.
- Smoothing of age data by various methods.
- Estimations of age at first marriage.
- Child mortality.
- Adult mortality, and fertility.
- Construction of abridged life tables and decrement life tables.
- Lagrange estimates, and projections by application of straight line.
- Gumpertz and Polynomial curves and by component method.
- Path Analysis for decomposition of effect of factors affecting and dependent variable.