Statistical Methods: What is References
Statistical methods are mathematical formulas, models, and techniques that are used in statistical analysis of raw research data
What is Referencing?
Importance of Referencing
No need to reference
- when you are writing your own observations or experiment results (for example, a report on a field trip);
- when you are writing about your own experiences (for example, a reflective journal);
- when you are writing your own thoughts, comments or conclusions in an assignment;
- when you are evaluating or offering your own analysis;
- when you are using 'common knowledge' (facts that can be found in numerous places and are likely to be known by a lot of people) or folklore;
- when you are using generally accepted facts or information (this will vary in different disciplines of study. If in doubt, ask your tutor).