Human Resource & Communication Management: Course Outline (MSHCM)
Human resource is for any organization the most important resource, therefore it's role is to contribute to their professional development and to lead to organizational goals in a motivating environment for both the group and for each individual parties.
- To let the students develop understanding of the concepts and principles of HR Management in the context of Project Management.
- To let the students develop understanding of the concepts and principles of Communication Management in the context of Project Management.
- To acquire knowledge of the best practices in the subject domains and their relative implementation.
- To understand the skillset related with tools and techniques applicable to implementation of the techniques.
- To understand the HR & Communication practices through Case studies of best practices as how the organizations are opting & implementing them.
At the end of this course, students should be able to
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Project HR management.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Project communication management.
- Developing project scope and related documents related to both domains.
- Developing project strategies based on assigned projects & tasks.
COURSE CONTENTS & PLAN:
- Lecture 01: Introduction of the subject and course outline to be discussed.
- Lecture 02: Introduction of Project Management and role of HR management in Projects.
- Lecture 03: Planning human resource management for a project. The baseline for HR requirements. Class activity would be part of the lecture.
- Lecture 04: Towards acquiring Project team. Selection and criteria definition. Development of Job Descriptions and team requirements. Quiz 01.
- Lecture 05: Developing Project Team. Acquiring the human resources in project life cycle. Assignment to develop project team on-boarding schedule as per each project.
- Lecture 06: Managing Project teams through project life cycles. Anticipating the un-predictable scenarios. Quiz 02.
- Lecture 07: Project 01. Develop Project human resource management plan. Submission in next lecture.
- Lecture 08: Project submission and revision of previous lecture towards preparation of Midterm examination.
- Midterm Examination: As per schedule of the institution.
- Lecture 09: Midterm marks announcement & papers review. Introduction of Project Communication and role of Project Manager.
- Lecture 10: Understanding communication basic model and planning project communication. Quiz 03.
- Lecture 11: Communication technologies, models, types and methods to improve communication. Quiz 02
- Lecture 12: Developing communication plan for a project. Group Assignment as Project 02. Class discussion and progress review.
- Lecture 13: Managing project communications through project life cycle.
- Lecture 14: Control communication mechanisms in projects. Project 02 progress review. Quiz 04.
- Lecture 15: Presentation of Project 02 as final assignment.
- Lecture 16: Project submission and revision of previous lectures (9-15) towards preparation of Final term examination.