Skip to Main Content
- This module provides basic knowledge of hazards, disasters, risks, vulnerability and capacity including natural, climatic and human induced factors and associated impacts.
- On completion of this module, students should understand the nature and types of disasters, associated risks and impacts to these disasters.
- Definitions of Natural Hazards and Disasters
- Classification of Natural hazards
- Classification of Disasters
- Disaster risks
- Introduction to Floods, Earthquakes, Landslides, Drought, Desertification, GLOFs, Avalanches, Cyclones and Storms (Types, Causes and Impacts)
- Introduction to climate change and climatic variability
- Epidemic Diseases
- Livestock etc.
- Forest fire