Emergency Response and Recovery in Disaster: Course Outline (MSDM)
Community preparedness for all disasters requires identifying resources and expertise in advance, and planning how these can be used in a disaster. ... Current thinking defines four phases of emergency management: mitigation, preparedness, response, and r
Overview & Course Objectives
- To understand Emergency Process.
- To know about the Response Mechanism for an Emergency situation.
- To interlink Emergency Response with Disaster Management.
- Institutional Arrangements for Emergency Management.
- Introduction to Emergency Management
- Disasters and Emergency Situation
- The nature of Emergency Situation
- Phases of Emergency Management (Response, Recovery, Mitigation and Preparedness)
- Emergency Response Organizations (Federal, Provincial, District, Community, Individual, NGOs)
- Regional and Global Response Mechanisms.
- Transboundary Emergency Management.
- Emergency Operation Centre
- Major Components of EOC
- Special Powers (Legislation)
- Operational Plans
- Avoiding Replications
- Emergency Mitigation (Risk Assessment, Precautionary Measures, Minimizing the Risk)
- SPHERE Standards