Life and Living-II: Pakistan Studies: Course Outline
The course has been designed as a compulsory subject for the students studying for Bachelor’s degree, general or professional. This course is introduced to acquaint the students with the freedom struggle, philosophy of Pakistan, process of governance and national development, 1973 Constitution and the issues arising in the modern age and posing challenges to Pakistan.
- To develop the ideological vision of Pakistan.
- To enable the students understand various dimensions and key concepts of Pakistan economy in the light of past experience.
- To comprehend the basis of Pakistani society and culture
- To familiarize the students with the basic principles and objectives of the foreign policy of Pakistan.
- To understand the historical and ideological background of Pakistan.
- To understand the constitutional and political issues and problems of Pakistan.
- To examining the contemporary issues and problems based on the patterns emerging out of the current situation of the world.
- After studying the course student will be skillful.
- To have the skills of analyzing the political problems of Pakistan.
- To develop critical thinking about the present situation of Pakistan.
- The student will be able to promote unity and brotherhood among the Pakistani society.
- To develop loyalty and patriotism towards Pakistan.
- To develop positive approach in view of different complexities and conflicts.
- Ideology of Pakistan
- Basic terminology
- Two Nation Theory
- Effects of ideology on Pakistani society
- Aims and objectives of Pakistan
- Two Nation Theory with reference to Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Iqbal, Quaid-e-Azam, Syed Mawdudi
- People and land of Pakistan
- Indus civilization
- Muslim advent
- Location and geo physical features
- Government and politics in Pakistan
- Political and constitutional phases
- Contemporary Pakistan
- Economic institutions and issues
- Society and social structure
- Foreign policy of Pakistan and challenges
- Pakistan – US relations in the rapidly changing world
- Pakistan – India complexities
- Futuristic vision & outlook of Pakistan
- Interactive Lecture
- Field trip/ study visits
- In-House Seminars/Sessions and Workshops
- Impact Analyses through CommunitySurveys
- The students will enable to acquire a sound knowledge and a balanced understanding of the history and heritage of Pakistan, and the land, people and resources of the country.
- To develop students’ analytical and critical capabilities and broaden their vision.
- To prepare a good citizen for Pakistani community.