Survey Sampling: Course Outline
In statistics, survey sampling describes the process of selecting a sample of elements from a target population to conduct a survey.
- Introduction of survey sampling: The purpose of Survey.
- the development of standardized Questioning.
- the development of Sampling Methods.
- the development of data collection.
- Inference and errors in Surveys.
- Measurement error, Processing errors.
- Coverage error, Sampling error, Non-response error.
- Sampling frame, Sample design, Simple random sampling.
- Cluster Sampling, Stratification and stratified sampling.
- Systematic selection, Two stage cluster designs.
- Methods of data collection.
- Non-response in sample surveys.
- Evaluation of survey questions.
- Survey Interviewing.
- Post Collection processing of survey data.
- Probability proportional to size sampling.
- Note: Students are required to conduct a small scale survey as part of this course.