Pakistan Studies: Course Outline for BSSE
Curriculum of academic research and study that encompasses the culture, demographics, geography, history, and politics of Pakistan. The subject is widely researched in and outside the country.
Section 1: Pakistan through Ages
- Rise of Muslim Exceptionalism in South Asia
- What was the need of Pakistan?
- Ideological Foundations of Pakistan.
- Characteristics, aims and objectives of Pakistani ideology.
- Two nation theory with reference to the imminent scholars as Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, Allama Iqbal, Quaid-i-Azam and Syed Maududi
Section II: Geography of Pakistan
- Pre history
- Pakistan and the world; An overview
- Geography of Pakistan
- Geo-strategic importance of Pakistan.
- Map Reading
Section III: Pakistani Culture and Civilization
- Definition and concept of culture and civilization
- Foundations of Pakistani Culture
- Cultural effects on society
- Role of culture in individual development
- Cultural profile of Pakistan
Section IV: Political and Constitutional Development in Pakistan
- Constitution Definition and importance in state politics
- Constitution making process.
- Brief constitutional History of Pakistan
- Amendments in Constitution
- Political parties in Pakistan
Section V: Contemporary Pakistan
- State and Society in Pakistan
- Social, Political and Economic issues of Pakistan
- Foreign policy of Pakistan
- Pak-US Relations
- Pak-India Relations
- Pak-China Relations
- Pak-Afghan Relations
- Pakistan and Muslim world
- Media in Pakistan
- Kashmir Conflict