Official Statistics: Course Outline
The effects of the decentralized system are considered. The statistical systems of other country is compared with other countries. Organizational and budgetary aspects are presented.
E-books (Full Text)
- Design and planning of a Statistical Investigation.
- Data collection-approach and operation.
- Role of sampling in generation of Statistics.
- Sampling plans and survey Designs.
- Sources of Errors.
- Types of Errors.
- Methods of their control.
- Data processing, presentation, and publication of Statistics.
- Different modes of Data Dissemination.
- Official Statistics.
- Statistical systems and standards.
- Sources of official statistics, their role, working and publications.
- Role of Official Statistics.
- Official Publications.
- Setup of official organizations in Pakistan their role, working and publication.
- Pakistan Bureau of Statistics.
- Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock.
- National Data Base and Registration Authority (NADRA).
- Provincial Bureaus of Statistics.
- Financial Statistics.
- Ministry of Finance.
- State Bank of Pakistan,
- National and International series.
- Classification and standards.
- Use of Statistics in administration and planning.
- Concepts and evaluation of GDP, GNP, NNP, Balance of Trade and payments.
- Measurement of Income Distribution.
- Use of Index Numbers. and time series.
- Deflation and Inflation of series.
- National sample surveys and censuses conducted in Pakistan.