Laboratory - II & III (Modern Physics): Course Outline Laboratory-III (PH-408)
1. To measure Planck’s constant by studying photoelectric effect.
2. To measure work function of a metal and verification of Richardson’s equation.
3. Determination of dielectric constant of liquid and solid.
4. To determine the characteristic of G. M. tube and measure the range and maximumEnergy of particles.
5. Measurement of half-life of a radioactive source.
6. Characteristics of G.M. counter and study of fluctuations in random process.
7. To determine charge of an electron by Millikan’s oil drop method.