Laboratory - II & III (Modern Physics): Course Outline Laboratory-II (PH-310)
1. Measurement of wavelengths of sodium light, difference of wave lengths and thickness of thin film e.g. mica using Michelson interferometer.
2. The study of spectra using Fabry-Perot interferometers.
3. The determination of Cauchy’s constants using spectrometer.
4. To study some aspects of Ferromagnetism by drawing B. H. curve.
5. Measurement of speed of light using laser source rotating mirror method.
6. To study Zeeman Effect.
7. To determine e/m of an electron using a fine beam tube.
8. To study Hall effect in an n-type/p-type semiconductor or a metal.
9. To measure the critical potential of mercury by Frank-Hertz method.