Probability and Probability Distributions I & II: Course Outline for Probability and Probability Distributions II (STAT-406)
- Transformation Techniques.
- Derivations of sample mean & variance with their independence.
- Characteristic functions with properties.
- Inversion Theorems for continuous and discrete random variables.
- Convolution of Distributions.
- Properties of Cauchy, Laplace, Weibull, Maxwell, Pareto, Rayleigh and Log normal distributions with applications in various fields.
- Order Statistic.
- Distribution of rth & sth order Statistics.
- Distribution of median.
- Midrange and quantiles.
- Central and Non-central t.
- F and Chi-square distributions.
- Distribution of Quadratic Forms.
- Distributions under linear constraints.
- Truncated Distributions.
Search the Library Catalog
Welcome to the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC). This catalog provides you bibliographic information of print books available in all campus libraries of the University and provides you the facility of 2 types of searches; basic search and advance search to find the exact book or list of books you required.
Important Features for Patrons
- Easy access to information due to effective searching.
- Alert messages for patron i.e. overdue items or arrival of new items.
- Patron can suggest books for purchase through this system.
- Patrons can check his circulation history and hold on desired books.
- OPAC brings together library users and staff, as both can see various aspects of the system.
Search Your Required Book