Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reading Material And Methodology
Problem Based Learning Methodology – Learning through asking questions and seeking replies with references from the Quran and Sunnah. We will use islamqa.com, one of the best and comprehensive Web Site supervised by Shaikh Salih bin Munajid from Saudi Arabia. The following questions will provide detailed understanding on the topics.
Section 1-General Zehan Sazi Material
Section 4 –Case Studies –Islamic Finance Related Issues for IS Entrepreneurs, Projects & Contracts
Section 2 – Case Studies -Sample Issues in IT/IS related Projects – Just to Highlight Issues and Corresponding Rulings
- Ruling on programming electronic games
- Electronic games
- Can he sell computer programs even though he is afraid that they may be used for haraam purposes?
- Developing an iPhone program on a personal computer contrary to the agreement with the Apple company
- Ruling on animated drawings (cartoons)
- Prohibition of images and erecting statues, and the effect this has on ‘aqeedah
- Ruling on drawing animate beings
- Using the company’s property for personal things
- Ruling on copying programs
- Ruling on buying copied computer programs
Section 5 – Case Studies–Riba and Riba Based Jobs/ Projects in IS
Section 3 – Relationship with Non-Muslims; Risks and Mitigation Strategies for Migrating to Non-Muslim Countries for Muslim IS Professionals
Section 6- Issues Specific to Mixed Environments and Muslim Women in IT/IS