Essentials of Project Management: Home
The course contents include a view of all chapters of PMBOK 5th Edition. The purpose of this module is to provide an introduction to some of the key principles and concepts of project management. This module covers the key topics in project management to give a broad overview of the key principles this includes project initiation, development of the business case, planning and control, organizational structure, leadership and risk management.
On completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
- Learn key principles of project management
- critically analyses the issues involved in the development of project planning and control activities
- assess the benefits of applying and using project management and its associated tools and techniques
- apply tools and techniques to analyses the key project objectives of time, cost and quality
- Explain the central link between planning and execution and be able to apply PERT (program evaluation review technique), critical path analysis and Gantt to monitor the progress of projects.
Mode of Learning
MODE OF LEARNING: Lecture/ Discussion/case study/presentation
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA: Quiz/Assignments/Projects = 40%
Mid Term = 20 %
Final Exam = 40%