Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
JSTOR is a digital library for scholars, researchers, and students
This course introduce you the issues, strategies, relationships that relate to the jobs developing sustainable revenue through well mange sales and business related activities. You will become the acquainted managing the sales force and helping them sell. Special emphasis is put on developing a sales program, managing strategic account relationship, team development, diversity in work force, sales force automation, problem solving skills and financial issues.
This course focuses on the activities and the problems on the first line field sales manager. Subject includes organizing the sales force, recruiting, training, personal selling, compensation and motivation for the sales force, forecasting territory designee evaluation and the control of the sales force.
By the end of this course it is expected that the student will be able:
- To successfully managing a sales team requires a set of skills, techniques and Behaviors which actual sales experience does not provide.
- To make the transition into sales management a success by introducing key practices and good habits in all the areas in which a sales manager is expected to perform.
- To support the specialized roles within the sales function. Definition and ongoing maintenance of competency models, foundational curriculums required, delivery methods required and measurement strategies.
- Sales learning, with respective HR Business Partners (HRBP) and other Learning Partners, to define learning and performance solutions/programs, which drive business, results. Maintains external perspective/network of best practices and benchmarks for Sales L&D.
- Annual assessment and plan for new/changing requirements to meet needs of business specific Human Capital Plans (as defined with HRBP and Sr. Learning Partners). Assesses synergies across business units and provide input into priorities, opportunities for consideration by Learning Partners and HRBPs.