Services Marketing: Home
The service sector is growing very rapidly all over the world and gaining importance due to its huge contribution to GDP of any country. However, the tools used to market goods may not be very useful in case of services due to their unique nature. They require more than traditional four Ps of marketing which is generally considered enough in the case of goods/manufacturing products. Thus, it becomes critical for a business student to learn how to create and deliver services successfully in this time of fierce competition and make customers of his/her company delighted. In this perspective, the objective of this course is to acquaint the students with the core concepts and tools of marketing that are applicable in the context of services.
- Understand how services contribute to a country’s economy
- Identify the powerful forces that are transforming service markets
- Know the framework for developing effective service marketing strategies
- Understand the three-stage model of service consumption.
- Know how customers evaluate services and what determines their satisfaction
- Demonstrate how positioning maps help to analyze and respond to the dynamics of competitive positioning
- Understand what constitutes a service product
- Be familiar with the success factors for new service development
Upon successful completion of this class, you are expected to:
1) Understand the application of services marketing concepts;
2) Develop skills in marketing analysis, decision and strategy formulation;
3) Test your skills in communicating analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.