Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Introduction to Dental Materials
- Physical properties of materials
- Characterization of solid surfaces
- Adsorption, absorption, and sorption.
- Surface tension, wetting, capillary rise
- Forces involved in denture retention
- Thermal, Electrical and other related properties of dental materials
- Mechanical properties i.e. stress, strain, stress/strain relationship and other related properties.
- Classification of dental materials on their basis of chemistry eg. example Polymers, Ceramics, Metals, Alloy and composites.
- Impression materials in all respects and duplicating materials.
- Duplicating materials
- Gypsum products and investment materials.
- Investment materials
- Dental Waxes
- Separating media used in dentistry
- Requirements of denture base materials.
- Properties of Acrylic Resin as a denture base materials, their composition, manipulation and processing.
- Alternative denture base materials.
- Artificial teeth.
- Types of Acrylic Resin polymerization i.e. heat cured Acrylic denture plastics, chemically accelerated plastics, fluid resin acrylic denture plastics, light cured denture plastics, repair, relining and rebasing materials
- Tissue conditioning materials and soft linner.
- Adhesion : Enamel and Dentine bonding agents and bonding system.
- Dental Cements
- Zinc Phosphate Cement
- Zinc Oxide/Eugenol, Modified Zinc Oxide/Eugenol, Ethoxy Benzoyic Acid
- Cement, Zinc Polycarboxylate ,Zinc Polyacrylate Cement, Silico Phosphate cement
- Glass ionomer cement and hybrid ionomer Cement
- Compomers, Cavity varnish, Cavity linners, Calcium hydroxide and guttapurcha.
General Characteristics of Metals
- Extraction of metals from their ores and their purification.
- Micro leakage, creep, galvanism, cold working/strain hardning, Annealing
- Welding and soldering.
- Tarnish and corrosion and their types
Alloys and its types
- Dental casting gold alloys its composition, properties uses
- Base metal casting alloys, their composition, properties and comparison with casting gold alloys
- Wrought alloys, i.e. steel and stainless steel
- Porcelain and bonded porcelain as a dental ceramic,classification of dental porcelain, composition, properties manufacturing and firing and their uses
- Maxillo facial materials used in dentistry
- Abrasion and polishing materials
Practical And Laboratory Techniques
- Identification and manipulation of all dental materials
- Laboratory procedures / experience of Acrylic, partial denture and crown and bridge work