This class addresses the unique entrepreneurial experience of conceiving, evaluating, creating, managing, and potentially selling a business. The goal is to provide a solid background with a practical application of important concepts applicable to the entrepreneurial environment. Entrepreneurial discussions regarding the key business areas of finance, accounting, marketing, and management include the creative aspects of entrepreneurship. The course relies on classroom discussion, participation, guest speakers, case analysis, the creation of a feasibility plan, and building a business plan to develop a comprehensive strategy for launching and managing a business. Students will need to draw upon their business education and experience, and apply it to the task of launching a new venture. Students are expected to interact with the business community, advisors, be able to work effectively in teams, and be active participants in classroom discussions and exercises.
The overall aims of the Entrepreneurship course are to enhance entrepreneurial attitude among students by imparting confidence in them by having them hands-on experience of small entrepreneurial activity. This will contribute towards the economic development of Pakistan, as these students will soon be in the market and will be contributing to the economy in a better way through entrepreneurial activities.
More specifically, the course aims to enable students to:
- Possess a well-grounded understanding of essential entrepreneurial business principles.
- Develop an understanding of important business issues as they relate to new ventures.
- Identify, appreciate, and assess the knowledge, attitudes, and skills of an entrepreneur.
- Study and observe entrepreneurial settings and entrepreneurial role models through exposure to actual business settings and experiences.
- Have an expanded awareness of the resources available for creating a business plan.