Marketing Management: Course Outline
Marketing provides the interface between the customer and the firm in which the customer has become pivotal to the success of business activities.
- Why is Marketing important?
- What is the scope of Marketing?
- Some fundamental Marketing Concepts, How Marketing Management changed.
- What are the tasks necessary for successful Marketing Management?
- How does the Marketing affect customer Value?
- How is the Strategic Planning carried out at different levels of the organization?
- What does Marketing plan include?
- What are the components of a modern Marketing information system?
- What is involved in a Marketing Intelligent System?
- What are the key methods for tracking and identifying opportunities in macro-environment & developments in macro-environment?
- Different levels of market segmentation & requirements of effective segmentation?
- How companies divide a market into segments?
- How companies choose the most attractive target markets?
- How do consumer characteristics influence buying behavior & major psychological processes influence consumer Reponses to the marketing program?
- How do consumers make purchasing decisions?
- How do marketers analyze consumer decision making?
- Customer value, satisfaction and loyalty and how can companies deliver them?
- What is the lifetime value of customers and how can marketers maximize it?
- How can companies cultivate strong customer relationship?
- How can companies both attract and retain customers?
- What is database marketing?
- What constitutes good Marketing research and metrics for measuring marketing productivity?
- How can marketers assess their return on investment of marketing expenditure?
- How can companies more accurately measure and forecast demand?
- What is a brand and how does branding works?
- What is brand equity & how is it built, measured and managed?
- What are the important decisions in developing branding strategy?
- How can a firm choose and communicate an effective positioning in the market & how brands are differentiated?
- What are the characteristics of products and how do marketers classify products?
- How companies differentiate products?
- Companies' product mix and product line?
- How can companies use packaging, labeling, warranties and guarantees as marketing tools?
- What is the role of Marketing Communication?
- What are the major steps in developing effective communications?
- What is communication mix and how should it be set?
- What is the integrated marketing communications program?
- What steps are required in developing an advertising program?
- How should sales promotion decisions be made?
- What are the guidelines for effective brand-building events and experiences?
- How can companies exploit the potential of public relations and publicity?
- Integrate direct marketing for competitive advantage?
- What decisions do companies face in designing and managing a sales force?
- How can salespeople improve their selling, negotiating, and relationship marketing skills?
- Marketing Management in Pakistan.
- Marketing Management by a Small and medium business Entrepreneur.
- Indigenous Management Practices adapted in Pakistan for Marketing.
- Product or Service Compatibility with in Pakistani Culture.
- How do consumers process and evaluate prices?
- How should a company set prices initially for products or services?
- When should company initiate a price change?
- How should a company respond to a competitor's price change?
- Importance of designing marketing channel system and value network & the work that the marketing channel performs?
- What decisions do companies face in managing their channels and channel conflict?
- What are the key issues with e-commerce?
At the end of the course the students should be able to:
- To provide an understanding of and appreciation for the role of marketing in managing a business.
- To share his/her experience of the concepts and skills utilized by today's marketing managers.
- To describe the major elements of marketing process, including the influence of external environments on marketing, marketing research, consumer behavior, market segmentation, product strategy, distribution strategy, promotion strategy, pricing strategy.
- To understand the increasingly intense competition that is affecting the global markets.