Assessment and Evaluation: Home
- Formulate course objectives in the light of institutional aims and objectives.
- Apply assessment theories and evaluation models for improving their evaluation practice
- Familiarize with modern assessment practices and utilize them effectively in classroom instructions.
- Develop a strong link between institutional goals, course objectives and students’ assessment procedure.
- Produce a realistic feed back through students’ assessment and sustain it for improvement of their learning.
Riphah International University
Introduction to Assessment and Evaluation
This course considers assessment in regard to appropriate purposes, teaching targets, methods, quality indicators, and as wide a variety as possible. The focus is on teacher-made tests in terms of observation, selection and supply, performance, and direct personal communication items to assess knowledge, reasoning, skills, products, and dispositions. Assessment methods stressed include written tests, observation, peer- and self-reports, portfolio documentation, and performance/product tests in regard to planning the instruments, administering them, interpreting the results.The course will overview authentic assessment and its implications; explore the variety of means for determining how successful courses have been and examine theories and practices related to successful assessment and evaluation methods. The course will cover comprehensive discussion on Islamic concept of evaluation and to how bring inculcate Islamic values. In all cases, the goal is to improve teaching and learning process in perspective of Islamic philosophy of evaluation.