Strategic Management: Home
In “Strategic Management” Course, the theoretical, conceptual and practical knowledge gained from all business courses is integrated to forecast future competitive scenarios in which the companies have to survive and grow. This internal and external situational analysis will be performed by exposing students to different theoretical and conceptual models and furthermore students will be taught to develop, implement and control business strategies on the bases of the knowledge gained from scenario forecasting coupled with theoretical knowledge of business strategies. Moreover, during the course, the students will come to know the exact role of business strategists in the corporate environment and also how the top-level management ensures the supply of necessary resources for successful application of developed business strategies.
The course aims to enable students to:
- Examine the ways top-level management develop and implement strategies in turbulently changing internal and external environment.
- Learn how to formulate, implement and evaluate business strategies at different levels in the corporation.
- To explain, interpret and apply the strategic management process in the real-life corporate world.
- Integrate conceptual frameworks studied in marketing, finance, management and other functional areas for the achievement of strategic goals through strategy development and implementation.
- Develop analytical and problem-solving skills by carefully analyzing assigned case studies.
Improve written and oral communication skills by assessing them on assignments given throughout the semester.
Upon successful completion of this class, you are expected to:
1) Understand the application of basic strategic management concepts;
2) Develop skills in strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation.
3) To ensure that students are able to synthesize a solution for management related problems and evaluate their proposed solution.
4) Test your skills in solving mini-cases, conclusions, and recommendations.
5) Become a good human being by reflecting best management practices from the life of the Prophet (PBUH); A role model manager for the entire mankind.